Monday, May 19, 2008

play on words poem

the best way I can describe what I've written over the past several days is a play, on words - uh, poem. or a poem that is a play that experiments with language. maybe a poetry musical/opera? who knows. it's fucking weird. good thing there are weirdos here in B'more that are into it, because I already know it's not for everyone.

probably coming from my love of repetitive sounds, steady rhythm, and tribal sensibilities, this play is designed to emulate that feeling you get when you over-think something and it's not about the thoughts anymore, it's about the feeling you get when the thoughts just become noise in your brain... a subconscious thing, really. haha. I'm brainwashing you. that sort of thing. don't worry, I'm only up to no good.

so yeah. I guess I really did want to write a play.

also, I went to another lovely jazz brunch at 2640, and put some of my other schemes into motion. namely, of the music making sort.

does anyone else have the spring/summer bug? I get up early all the time, and even though I'm wide awake right now, I really don't feel like going to work. I just want to go outside and relax with my new lappy and type weird shit. oh well. kid songs aren't all that horrible, either.

No comments: