Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm not in hiding

I'm barely home! if you know me, you might've seen me, or not. mainly my preschool students have been seeing me. I didn't get around to posting that I was going to be in a play (that already happened, it was an absolute thrill).

I am going to be reprising my role in Hopeful Softness, one of the plays that I was just in. it's a short experimental piece written by Theresa Columbus. oh how I love her, that wacky goddess. hopefully I will still make it to Playa del Fuego, but I'm willing to miss it in order to perform this awesomeness at the Creative Alliance, no less! what a great space. I've only had the pleasure to be on that stage once before, on the first of this year, and I am determined to be on it as much as I can.

I will update very soon about that, giving particulars and what not.

other exciting news is that I am forming an experiment of a band, under the name Which In? I already have a gig for it, even though I don't even have a full band together yet. yep. that's how I roll. wanna see me wing the music thing? (you might've seen me do impromptu performances, or caught the Pope Dragons, now defunct, I believe, at 2640 eons ago...) don't really, but could be persuaded with actual good music?

then come to the Whole on June 6th, at 8pm, for a music show to benefit a volunteer reconstruction expedition to New Orleans, featuring the Good Guise, Mr. Moccasin, the Bow-Legged Gorilla, and Which In? $10, gas is expensive, yo.

things I'm also working on:

- some letters for the Wormwood folks. (check out the sidebar for the link) I'm pissed off about a few things, and want to write about it.

- a play. secret aspiration is to have Theresa be in it.

- a poet cover show... area poets covering each other's work.

- face painting... huh? yeah!

- other super secret things.

also, in case I don't update in time... Smartish Pace is having their issue release party here at the Whole on May 31st.

I am so excited! about everything!

so yeah, not hiding, just supercrazyhappybusy.

No comments: